A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive, which helps analyse web traffic. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What we collect
We collect and store some/all of the following information that is supplied by you when you submit a query or students’ application via our website:
- Names and identity numbers
- Contact information including email and physical address
- The name of your child/children, their current grade and school and important medical information
- Parents’ financial information
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with the information/assistance you require, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Processing your application
- To contact you to confirm your booking/answer a query or keep in touch with you using the email address that you have provided.
How We Store Your Information
The School has various security measures in place to protect computer systems that comply with generally accepted information security practices and procedures including password controls, encryption processes and antivirus software. This is in addition to the physical security measures adopted by the School to ensure that it takes all appropriate, reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or processing of information.
- Please note, submitting an application via our website does not guarantee your child a place at the School and all applications will be assessed according to the same set of requirements, including the date of application.
- By submitting an application, you acknowledge that your consent is given for the School to carry out a formal credit check on those responsible for the payment of school fees, including contacting previous schools with whom you have had a contract, to request information concerning payment of the school fee account.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we cannot be held responsible for the information found there or for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. If you believe that any personal information is being unlawfully processed or stored, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
For more information on Roseway Waldorf School’s POPIA policies and procedures, email email@example.com.
The School may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. The onus is on you to check this page for updates. This policy was last updated on 25 July 2022.